Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grand Cayman

From Jamaica we went on to Grand Cayman, where we took a tour. I can honestly say I've now been to Hell and back (and they didn't even have handbaskets there!) Hell is a part of the island that was once underwater. As the seas receded, the coral was exposed and died. So here you have black jagged upthrusts of coral out of what looks like a marsh. Could be Hell... sure looked like it could have been Hell.

Anyway, I took photos and then we took off for a rum factory. Mmmm... good stuff. Our driver gave me a glass of fruit punch and then laced it with both coconut and vanilla rums. Oh my. This may be the hit of my first summer party next year. I think the rum cake was good, too, but probably should have tasted the cake before drinking the punch. Back to the ship's dock for a little more shopping, then aboard for Saturday at sea.

After getting our little cruise map of our travels, we realized we actually island-hopped around Cuba.

No comments: