Saturday, October 11, 2008

Heading Out!

After a arduous, boring, back-jarring, derriere-numbing, 18-hour drive to Florida, we have finally arrived at our first destination - Sebring.

Frank and I met my cousin, Ella Jayne, at her local Olive Garden and we talked and talked! It was really great to see her again after 4 years. Her daughter, Christy, unfortunately couldn't join us and was sorely missed.

After a scrumptious lunch, I brought out the yarn and started Ella Jayne on a gauge swatch for a hat. Her first task, now, is to knit in the round for several inches - something she has not done in quite a while (I think she said 40 years, but I can't imagine anyone NOT knitting for 40 years, so it must have been shorter than that!)

She picked a lovely rust yarn in Berroco's Comfort, which makes up into a gorgeous hat. Hopefully she'll embroider dragonflies or butterflies on it and it will be truly spectacular!

While she generously invited us to stay with her, we'd already checked in to a hotel as I had a LOT of computer work to do tonight, along with finishing the TN quarterly sales taxes and paying a few bills. We were sorry to leave her, but I promised videos of techniques if she gets stumped.

Tomorrow we leave for Ft. Lauderdale and a seven day Caribbean cruise. Hopefully those two storms off in the Atlantic won't strengthen! More later.

No comments: